Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Alice

I don't know a lot about the story "Alice in Wonderland" but that's kind of how I feel. Every since I heard "Melanoma" I feel as though I have fallen through a rabbit hole. My world is so different. Nothing seems the same. What I thought was important no longer matters. I feel as though I have entered some altered universe and it is just too wild to take in. And I have only just entered this passage. Normal is no longer normal.
Sometimes I feel like I am speaking another language. It is like no one understands me. My world is spinning. "Biopsy from your arm was melanoma. We have scheduled surgery already." Someone wake me from this dream.
Biopsies every 3 months till we get all the "spots". Take them all!! Take them all now!!! Shhhhh. Too many, close together. Confusion on what came from where. In due time.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3: 5-6

The core of me is still solid even though some days I have a hard time remembering that. I know that I am on this ride for a reason. I know that I am not on this ride alone. I know that no matter what happens on this new path, I will be okay.

4 comments:

  1. Short, sweet and to the point! Keep on keepin on my dear friend. So proud of you!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big shocker for me too Baby. Just remember I'm here and I'm fighting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are writing. I hope it brings you as much relief as it does for me. Thinking, praying, and wishing good things for you. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete